Youth Poetry in PACC
امسية شعرية لشبيبة الجالية العربية بمركز الجالية الفلسطينية
الحوادث لعرب امريكا – كليفتون،: في دار مركز الجالية الفلسطينية الامريكية في كليفتون – نيوجيرسي تم اقامة امسية شعرية للشبيبة المشاركين في مسابقة الشعر باللغتين العربية والانجليزية.
Outline for 1st Poetry Night in Palestinian American Center in Clifton – NJ
Date of eventSaturday January 7th 2017
- Hiba read her poem in Arabic (only submission in Arabic)
Winner of 11 years old & younger
- Salsabil Assaf - Thankful
PM Introduce 12 - 15 years old age group Honorable Mentions
- Reeham Farhat - 5. 8 Million
- Yusef Haddabah - Forever My Home
- Aya Darwish - Home Is Where The Heart Is
- Nadine Badwan - We Embody Palestine
- Introduce 12 - 15 Winners
- 3rd Place: Sarah Mohammad - Home
- 2nd Place: Aysha Mohdi - The Home I had
- 1st place: Khalil Amro - The Prison Which Is Home
- Introduce 16 - 18 Honorable Mentions:
- Koran Lawson - Where Do I Belong?
- Maryam Edris - My Occupied Home: The Perspective of a Palestinian Child
- Introduce 16 - 18 Winners
- 3rd place: Hassan Elsaid - Home’s Definition
- 2nd place: Reem Farhat - Home
- 1st place: Marah Siyam - Roots, Stems
· By Reem Farhat
Where mother swaddles child.
Holds him in her arms.
Cries over his body.
You are where I live,
But cannot stay.
I could've sworn your trees whispered goodbye when I left.
You are the one place I want to be.
The one place I cannot be.
My blood seeps through your sand.
Aching to be Free.
We have the only long distance relationship
That has overcome walls of concrete
And guns of steel.
I carry pieces of you with me
On my key chain,
Around my wrist,
Your stitches are embroidered into the fabric of my being.
Even though I'm a thousand miles away,
I still feel your roots clutching me tightly.
I just want you to know,
I'm holding on too.